A chunk of sourdough topped with smashed avocado, an array of toppings and a whole lotta love!
What you need:
For the toast:
- 1 thick slice sourdough
- For the avocado:
- 1/2 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp crushed garlic
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 tsp green onions – finely sliced
- 1 tsp feta cheese
- 1 tsp hazelnuts – toasted
- 1 tsp EVOO
- Bake the bread in a medium hot oven until golden brown. Alternatively, you can use a pop-up toaster.
- Smash the avocado and season with some lemon juice, salt and crushed garlic. Pile it high on the toasted sourdough bread.
- Top with pomegranate, green onions, bits of feta and toasted hazelnuts. Finally drizzle with some fragrant olive oil.
Remember to share it with someone you love.