A powerful combination of healthy ingredients to give you the energy boost you need at the start of the day! Disclaimer: you may feel like a superhero after consuming this!
A great tasting smoothie requires advance planning but little effort! I find that frozen bananas make my smoothies exceptionally creamy in the most natural possible way! It really makes all the difference. Until you won’t try it, you won’t know. So here’s the recipe!
What you need:
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple – or more! (substitute with mango if unavailable)
- 1 large stem kale
- A small handful of baby spinach
- 100 ml almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp oats
- 4 ice cubes
- For this recipe you must use really ripe bananas. This is when the banana has reached the peak of its sweetness and nutrition potential.
- Peel, slice and then freeze the ripe bananas in a metal container. This must be done at least 24 hours before use and can be done up to a month before.
- De-stem the kale leaf and discard the stem. Use only the leaf for this recipe.
- Whiz together the ingredients in a smoothie maker.
- Pour in to a majon jar or glass and have immediately.
Remember to share it with someone you love.