Guilt-free zucchini noodles tossed in a Thai style peanut dressing and topped with roasted peanuts and pickled red peppers, this dish packs quite a punch at minimal calories!
What you need:
- 1 firm zucchini
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1/4 tsp bird’s eye chilli – crushed
- 1-2 tsp jaggery powder
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp salted peanuts
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds – lightly toasted
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds – lightly toasted
- 1 tsp pickled red chilies
- 1 lemon – cut in to wedges
- 1 small sprig Thai basil
- Using a spiraliser, make zoodles (zucchini noodles ) with the entire piece of zucchini. It is important that the zucchini isn’t over-ripe or the noodles will be mushy and won’t hold well in this dish.
- Combine the ingredients for the peanut dressing a bowl and set aside to chill.
- Toss the zoodles with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with the toppings and serve immediately, as zucchini tends to leave water.
Remember to share it with someone you love.