You’ll never buy granola again after you try this recipe!
My almond joy granola is packed with JIWA’s rolled oats, almonds, shredded coconut and decadent chocolate chips! The oats are of course the star ingredient of this granola. I love starting my day with an oat based breakfast. Oats are incredibly nutritious and keep me satiated for hours. This almond joy granola is not only that, but also so delicious that it works double time as an all day snack or something to feed my mid-day sweet cravings. Want to order some right away? Click here.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups JIWA rolled oats
- 2/3 cups almonds – chopped in to bits
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds – optional
- 1 tbsp puffed amaranth – optional
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
To be mixed in:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade and toast the shredded coconut until light golden. This should take about 7-8 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder in a mixer. Empty in to a separate mixing bowl and add the balance wet ingredients. Wisk well until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until all the oats and nuts are well coated in the sticky, sugary mixture.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and pour out the granola mixture and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Next, turn down the heat of the oven to 110 degrees centigrade and bake for another 20-30 minutes, carefully watching it that it does not burn.
- Once done, leave the granola to cool down in the oven. It will continue to crispen.
- Once the granola is cool, break in to small clusters and toss with the toasted coconut and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.
- Baking the granola low and slow yields a crispier granola that will last longer!
- Do not stir at any point to keep the granola chunky!
Remember to share it with someone you love.